- Diltiazem is used in dogs and cats to treat heart rhythm problems and in cats to treat some types of heart disease.
- Be sure your pet receives all doses; it is important to not skip any treatments.
- This drug may be given with or without food. If your animal vomits or acts sick after receiving the drug on an empty stomach, try giving the next dose with food or a small treat. If vomiting continues, contact your veterinarian.
- Common side effects include vomiting (cats), poor appetite, diarrhea, and a slower heart rate.
- Patient will need to be seen regularly by your veterinarian to monitor how well the medication is working. Do not miss these important follow-up visits.*
*Plumb DC. Diltiazem. Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs https://app.plumbs.com/drug-monograph/yaalhRAi1bPROD?source=search&searchQuery=diltiazem Updated Nov 2020. Accessed January 28, 2022.