Cats and Small Dogs (up to 12lbs.), Medium Dogs (13-34lbs.)
- Nutraceutical combination used in small animals as adjunctive treatment for liver disease (eg, chronic hepatitis)
- Evidence supporting clinical efficacy is scant, but the combination is well tolerated; GI effects are possible.
- Should be administered on an empty stomach but may be hidden in a small amount of food if necessary
- Products are not regulated and should be chosen carefully.
- Some drug interactions may be possible.
- Keep tablets in original packaging until used. Do not crush or split enteric-coated tablets
- SAMe/silybin is well tolerated in animals and typically does not have side effects.
- Give on an empty stomach about 1 hour before feeding.
- SAMe/silybin is considered a combination nutritional supplement by the FDA (not a medication). Use only the medication prescribed by your veterinarian.*
*Plumb DC. S-Adenosyl-Methionine (SAMe)/Silybin . Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs https://app.plumbs.com/drug-monograph/xjkR4SUPqHPROD?source=search&searchQuery=denamarin Updated Oct 2019. Accessed January 27, 2022.