- Topical antibiotic used 3 to 6 times a day for eye infections.
- Crystals may appear in the eyes for a few days after starting treatment but are harmless.
- Use proper administration techniques to avoid contamination of the medication. Keep cap tightly closed when not in use.
- Wait 5 minutes after applying this medication before applying any other medications to the eye.
- Store in the refrigerator or at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight; do not freeze. Do not use if the color changes, becomes cloudy, or if particles are seen in the solution.
- Dispose of unused medication in the regular trash; do not put into sewer system*
*Plumb DC. Ciprofloxacin Opthalmic. Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs https://app.plumbs.com/drug-monograph/cxJ31nVdnsPROD?source=search&searchQuery=CIPROFLOXACIN Updated March 2017. Accessed January 26, 2022.