- Used to treat or prevent stomach ulcers.
- Usually given 30 minutes before a meal. If your animal vomits or acts sick after receiving the drug on an empty stomach, try giving the next dose with food or a small treat. If vomiting continues, contact your veterinarian.
- Medicine often needs to be given 2 to 4 times per day.
- Cimetidine interacts with many other medications.
- Cimetidine is available OTC (over-the-counter; without a prescription), but only give it to your animal if your veterinarian recommends it*
*Plumb DC. Cimetidine. Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs https://app.plumbs.com/drug-monograph/LISn0Hr7RrPROD?source=search&searchQuery=cimetidine Updated June 2020. Accessed January 26, 2022.