- Used to dilate (enlarge) the pupil after surgical procedures (eg, cataracts) or to reduce pain in the eye caused by eye muscle spasm (eg, uveitis, moon blindness in horses). Usually used 2-3 times daily at first and then once a day to once every other day to keep pupil dilated.
- May cause excessive salivation (drooling) due to the bitter taste if licked or groomed. Do not allow this medication to get in your animalʼs mouth.
- Keep animals out of bright sunlight during use.
- Use proper administration techniques to avoid contamination of the medication. Keep cap tightly closed when not in use.
- Wait 5 minutes after applying atropine before applying any other medications to the eye.
- Wash hands after use to prevent it from affecting your eyes.*
*Plumb DC. Atropine Opthalmic. Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs https://app.plumbs.com/drug-monograph/FKMjkjCFqyPROD?source=search&searchQuery=atoprine Updated Sept 2021. Accessed January 26, 2022.