- Can be given either by placing the dose directly on a small amount of food or placed directly into the catʼs mouth just after feeding. Try to give the same time each day.
- May take 4-6 weeks to see if the drug is working. Cyclosporine blood level tests may be done.
- Vomiting is the most common side effect. This usually gets better on its own, but if it is severe or continues, contact your veterinarian.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice signs indicating an infection (eg, fever, low energy, poor appetite).
- Pregnant women should handle this drug carefully.*
*Plumb DC. Cyclosporine. Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs https://app.plumbs.com/drug-monograph/b2qDVutWDRPROD?source=search&searchQuery=atopica Updated July 2021. Accessed January 26, 2022.